Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jay

What is it with men and age? They have no problem approaching an attractive youthful looking girl and trying to work their so called "magic", but as soon as they find out how old you actually are, they cant help but wig out. All of a sudden you get "little girl" jokes thrown at you and a couple of "Isn't it past your bed time?" comments. Why is it that they can have a totally great time with you and then be so completely turned off when they find out a minuscule fact. Jay and I totally hit it off from the start. He was cute, easy to talk to, and he made me laugh. There was never an awkward moment. We met in the morning at a staff meeting and ended up hanging out for the rest of the day. But of course, the dreaded age talk couldn't be put off for long. I reluctantly told him my age, and he didn't believe me. So i quickly changed it and said i was 18. Then he was just confused (poor guy), but he eventually accepted the fact that I'm 15. So of course he couldn't help from making those lovely comments we discussed earlier. I left that night wondering if any guy would ever be able to look past that stupid little number? What is it about age that matters so much to them? Is it that they care to much what other people think? They just don't want to be the "older guy"? Or maybe they're just not into you enough to even give it a chance...

4 comments:

Aarin said...

I totally get what you mean, girlie. You're totally right, it's just a number. Even a 15 year old can be more mature than an 18 year old.

You're blog's cool. I'd love to see some more photos on it.
:)

xo

eluv said...

Yeahh I get how you feel, I'm fifteen too? But I hang around a lot with kids that are older than me, and it bothers me how some guys see me as "little". I don't think your guy cares that your younger, it's just that being fifteen were both still kids :/ so guys feel like they have to be cautious ya know? But if a girl is mature enough it shouldn't really matter. I really like your blog! Hope everything works out! I'd love to hear how it goes!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I totally get you. What's up with those numbers? They should get over it.

http://lockedupindreams.blogspot.com